Check your EPF balance and also learn all the possible tweaks and tricks to check your EPF account balance online. The Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (abbreviated to EPFO), is an Organization tasked to assist the Central Board of Trustees, a statutory body formed by the Employees’ Provident Fund and Miscellaneous Provisions Act, 1952 and is under the administrative control of the Ministry of Labour and Employment, Government of India. EPF is supposed to be the most important part in the life of private employee as it is the best and the only possible way of their saving. In today’s era most of the private employees are working and living in a hand to mouth condition. They don’t get surplus amount from their employees so that they can save something after meeting all household requirement.
Keeping all these conditions of Employees in view our government has launched this project where there is a three side contribution to our EPF account. A certain amount is deducted from your salary and the same amount is also contributed by your employer as well to your PF account.
Knowing your amount of the provident balance helps you in many ways. First, it keeps you up to date on the amount of your savings. You may want to partially withdraw your pf amount. In case you wish to avail a loan against your EPF amount, the quick online pf balance check facility is very helpful. We have shared the links of the official portal of the Employee Provident Fund, where you can check your EPF balance. You will also find the detailed step-by-step procedure with Images to verify the amount of the EPF balance online. Also on this site, we will also help you to know your status of contingency fund claim and UAN status.
You can check your PF balance in several methods they are:
- EPF Balance Check Online
- EPF Balance Check By SMS
- EPF Balance Missed Call Service
- EPF Balance Mobile App for EPFO Member Balance
These are the several methods to check Pf balance, Please note this facility is available to those who have activated their UAN number. as we explained all the above methods in this article.
Procedure to Check Your EPF Balance Online (With Pictures)
To check your EPF Balance Online, you must have some important details that must be entered on the Employee Benefit Fund website. These details are listed below:
- The applicable EPFO office
- Your PF account number
- Full name as mentioned the pay slip
- Your Phone number
After having all these pieces of information in your hand you are now required to follow the steps mentioned below:
- Visit EPF Balance page at the official portals of Employees Provident Fund Organisation, India: http://www.epfindia.com/site_en/KYEPFB.php after clicking on given link, below imaged site is opens
- Click at the link for PF balance shown at the bottom of the page.(as mentioned on the above image)
- After that A new page will appear for Member Balance Information.(Shown on the below image)
- Select the PF office state from the drop down menu for States.(as i selected Karnataka shown on the below image)
- Select the EPFO office from the list appeared and click it.(As I Selected Banglore)
- Now you can fill up your EPF account number, your name and your mobile number.
- Generally the EPF number is in format like GJ/AHD/XXXXXXX/XXX/XXXXXXX. If your EPF account number does not have the middle three digits, you can leave that box blank.
- If you do not know your EPF office, you can easily make out from your pf account number itself. The first two letters in your EPF Account number represents the code for state. The next three letters stand for your EPF office region.
- Fill up the details and click on the submit button.
- Within few moments you will receive an SMS showing your EPF account balance in your mobile.
- Before you press the submit button, do check on the ‘I Agree’ box shown just above the submit button. That’s the easiest way to check epf balance. Let’s discuss it in detail.
Procedure to Check EPF Balance by SMS
The EPFO introduced EPF balance check via SMS in the year 2015. To get EPF balance status by SMS, you should use only your UAN registered mobile number.
Send message Typing On your phone (EPFOHO UAN <ENG>) from your UAN registered mobile to 773 8299 899.
Once you send this SMS to the given number, you will receive a message of your EPF balance by return from EPFO. The message will contain member details, last contribution, and total PF balance.
You can also receive the balance in different languages like Hindi, Kannada,Telugu, Punjabi, Malayalam, Tamil, Bengali and others. To receive message in the Hindi language, change the language code to <HIN> instead of <ENG> as followed for other language too.
Procedure to Check EPF Balance by Missed Call Service
EPFO’s Missed Call service is among the 3 new services launched to check EPF balance. Here in this method you just need to give a missed call on given number to get your PF account details Give a missed call on UAN registered mobile number only to this number:(01122901406) Once you give a missed call, you will receive an SMS that contain your member details and PF account balance.
EPFO Mobile App for EPFO Member Balance
The facility is similiar to Missed Call facility. launched lately by EPFO is for checking EPF balance with EPFO Mobile APP. Various EPFO Mobile Apps are available at google play store for free.
Here is the link to download M-EPF for Android (4.0 and up) devices:
If you download EPF App in your smart phones, Members would be able to activate their UAN accounts from the comfort of their mobile phones and can also access their accounts for viewing their monthly credits through the passbook as well view their details available with EPFO. Similarly the EPF pensioners have been given the facility to access their pension disbursement details through this mobile app. Likewise the employer can also view their remittance details.
These are simplest techniques to get information regarding your available PF balance as they are very simple to learn and implement. epfbalancestatus.org.in offers various guidelines and information about EPF Balance, PF claim status, UAN activation status and PF status and many more information and updates about EPFO (Employe Provident fund). Simply we can say that you all are provided with the most user friendly techniques of checking EPF balance online. For any information or query regarding EPF Balance drop your comments in below comment box.