EPF Name Change Rules
You can’t chang name in EPF database. Since, you have not given the name to the EPFO, you alone can’t give an application for the name change. Changing the name in the EPF account should be done jointly by you and your employer. Both of you should give an application to correct the name.
Also, You need to give the copy of identity proof which has a correct name. Identity proof can be any of these documents.
- PAN Card
- Voters Identity Card
- Driving license
- ESIC Identity Card
- Aadhaar Card
- Bank passbook copy/Post Ofﬁce Passbook.
- Ration card
- Any school/education certiﬁcateCertiﬁcate issued by Registrar of Birth & Death.
- Certiﬁcate based on the service records of the Central/State Government Organization.
- Copy of electricity/water/telephone bill in the name of the claimant.
- Letter from a recognized public authority or public servant verifying the identity and residence of the member to the satisfaction of the competent authority
EPF Name Change Application Form
Steps of PF Name Change
- Download the name correction form Here.
- Fill your details and print it.
- Sign the printed form and get it signed by your employer.
- Get it stamped with company seal.
- Attach the self-attested copy of identity proof with the application.
- Now, It is the responsibility of your employer to send the application to the regional PF commissioner.