EPFO (Employee Provident Fund Organisation) team has started UAN (Universal Account Number). The Major benefit of UAN Activation or Universal Account Number will include easy tagging of multiple Employee’s Provident Fund Member Id under a single number, thus reducing the confusion. The UAN will help in easy transfer and withdrawals of claims. Along with this services like Online Pass-Book, SMS Services on each deposit of contribution and Online KYC Updation can be provided on the basis of UAN number.We can check the PF Account balance but can not download passbook without registering UAN based PF Account UAN Login . So friends are you ready to know how to register UAN Based PF Account?
OK. Then why late? just follow these easy steps to register UAN Activation.
Given Below Details to Find the UAN Number:
- EPF Account Number
- Your Name
- Date Of Birth
- Mobile Number
- Email Address
HOW TO ACTIVATE UNIVERSAL ACCOUNT NUMBER (UAN):
UAN Activation: UAN you can activate your UAN by visiting the UAN based Member Portal website i.e. https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/Member should have UAN, Mobile and Member ID readily available to activate his/her UAN on the UAN Member Portal. Ok let me explain With step by step with Pictures.
Click on the given link to start activation process
The above URL will lead you to the UAN Activation page which is showing like below image
As on the above image just fill in the Following Details :
- Important Note: Aadhar and Pan Work Only these details to Employer Joining for the Company
- Enter your Universal Account Number (UAN) :- Take From your Employer (Mandatory)
- Enter Member ID: Select State and select office and then fill below boxes with region, office, Est id, Est Ext, Member id
- Select the state along with State Office: – Available on EPF website
- Enter Your EPF Member ID :- Mandatory and then Enter your AADHAAR,PAN Name , Enter Name, Date of Birth , Email Id Details after filling the details enter Captcha then click on Get Authorization pin Then Select any one of The Above option, Then Enter Name, Date Of Birth, Moblie Number and Email Address. If The Moblie is already Confirmed by epfo unified portal, you can Retrieve the Password you forget the Password They Can Helpful for The Moblie Number.
- Now Enter The Captcha and Submit The Application Form.
- Next Moblie number authentification, You Will Get The Authentication PIN into Your Register Mobile number.
- Then Enter The PIN and After Submit the Application Form Some Declaration for the Applicant To Submit The Form.
- Now Submit The Application Form, They Can Find Out All Details like Name, Date Of Birth, Moblie Number and Employer Details. Verify the Details and Noe Create The Password. The Password Should be Alphanumeric, 1 special Character, 8-25 Character long which is sensitive.
- Lastly, Enter The Email address and Submit The Form, The Above Proces are Complete Registristartion and activation For The UAN Member Portal.
- After The Complete The Process you will get The SMS from The Register Moblie Number.
how to get Member id for uan activation? (simply enter the epf number)?
Note: You can activate the uan login either way with uan number or pf number on unified uan portal
How to UAN Login?
How to login on the UAN member portal?
Once you have activated UAN and set a password, you can now login on the UAN member portal by following these steps:
- Log onto the EPFO website.
- On the right-hand side, you will find the option for signing in.(As shown on the above picture)
- Enter your UAN, password, and captcha.
- Click on ‘Sign in‘.
In case you forget your password, click on ‘Forgot your password‘. You can now reset your password using an OTP sent to your mobile number.
Check: EPF BALANCE
UAN Activation through Mobile App
This was launched in Sep 2015, i.e. after almost one year of success of UAN facility. This Android mobile app is available and may be downloaded from the website of EPFO. Click here or on the image for link. Else it may be downloaded from Google Play Store. After downloading this mobile app, user need to enter UAN and registered mobile number, post which, one can get details of his/her EPF Account.
- Employer Can Activate UAN Through Moblie Number.
- Employer Should Fill The Details like Date Of Birth, Member Name, Password and Confirm Password.
- Then You Will Receive the PIN Number To Your Registered Moblie Number.
- Lastly, Verify the PIN So The UAN Activation Process is Completed.
SMS Based UAN Activation
This is service that provides the facility to members for activating their accounts by sending an SMS from their mobile. All you need to do is to follow 2 simple steps
Step 1 : Type EPFOHO ACT,<<12 digit UAN number>>,<<22 digit MemberID>>
Step 2: Send this message from your mobile to 7738299899
For example, EPFOHO ACT,123456789876,AABBB12345670001234567
Common error : Give one space between EPFOHO and ACT. Do not give any space before or after comma.
After activation, a member may avail all services with his/her UAN like alerts, online passbook etc. As such you may keep a track of your saving even when you are on the move and may not have an access to your computers.
Missed Call facility
This facility if for UAN registered members who wishes to get PF account details. All you need to do is to give a missed call at 91-11-2290 1406 from your registered mobile number. In case where UAN number is seeded with either Bank Account number or Aadhaar and PAN, the member will get details of last contribution and PF ledger balance. As such member may get their relevant details without any cost.
UAN Short code SMS facility
Similar to Missed call facility, in this facility, members registered with UAN portals may get details by sending an SMS. This facility is available in various languages like Hindi, English, Gujrati, Punjabi, Marathi, Telugu, Kannada, Bengali, Tamil and Malyalam. So again you need to follow just 2 steps.
Step 1 : Type : EPFOHO UAN
Step 2 : Send the same to 7738299899
To get details in language of your choice, Type 3 digit language code before UAN. Eg. EPFOHO PUN UAN and send the same to 7738299899. Again, just like missed call facility, EPFO send details only if UAN of member is seeded with anyone Bank account number, Aadhaar and PAN number. The details of PF ledger balance and last contribution is sent on SMS.
Benefits of UAN Activation:
Employee’s can now Login The UAN Member Portal, there are many more number Of benefits for Employee’s.The UAN and EPFO Portal, Employee can Register on the UAN Portal There are Many Benefits are Given below
- The activation of UAN makes you eligible for the online services of the EPFO. After the activation, you can access the dashboard of the UAN portal.
- You can download you EPF UAN passbook through the UAN portal. The passbook has the updated statement of EPF contribution.
- You can check you EPF balance through missed call or SMS.
- You can upload KYC details. The KYC would help you for the online verification.
- You can use the simple and hassle-free method of EPF withdrawal.
- You can easily transfer your PF online.
- You can list all of your PF accounts at one place.
How to Check UAN Status online:
Check UAN Status through the Official Website By Using your PF Number, if employee forgot or miss there PF number they can’t check the status through online.
- To check uan status online First you have to Visit our Official Website https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/.
- Then you can see (Know your UAN status) below the screen of the page.
- Then click on the Know your uan status
- After that Select the Appropriate State and Region.
- Now Enter The PF Number.
- Then Click on the UAN Status.
- The Status will Appear on The Screen.