The Employees’ Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) has around Rs.27,000 crore lying in inoperative accounts. There are chances that a small portion of this unclaimed money is yours. Many employees feel that the EPF account transfer is a cumbersome process and is a painful experience. It is often observed that we just ignore to transfer the funds to the existing EPF account.
Accounts under some special circumstance become InOperative EPF account
What is Inoperative EPF account?
Accounts which are dormant to any of these reasons below are called “InOperative Accounts”
- Member has not withdrawn money within 3 years after leaving the company
- Member has died before 36 months but the claim has not been filed or settled
- Amount remitted to a person has been undelivered or not have been claimed back
- Employer has not made any contribution to the account (for 36 months)
- Any amount due to a member from the Employer which has not been settled after the claim
Under all these circumstances the PF account will become an “Inoperative Account”
To activate those accounts EPFO has a Inoperative Helpdesk –
Inoperative PF Helpdesk:
EPFO Provides a facility for the subscribers to settle their inoperative PF account through a facility called inoperative helpdesk.
Step 1 : Go here – http://22.214.171.124/INOPHelpDesk/jsp/submitDescription.jsp and Enter your problem regarding your Inoperative account
Step 2 : Then Click on Next and Enter Employer information
- Establishment Code (Your Company Code)
- PF Account No
- Establishment Name (Your Company Name)
- Establishment Address (Your Company Address)
- State, City, District and Pin code (Your Company Details )
- Date of Joining and Date of Leaving
- PF Office Name (The office under which your PF account falls)
After entering all the details, Click on Next
Step 3: In the Next Page, Enter all your Personal Details as shown below (including your KYC Details)
Step 4 : Once your entered all the details you will get a reference number as shown below
Note :Keep the Reference number handy as it can be used for Future Reference!
Once you file a complaint or Problem regarding Inoperative account at the above site you will get a Reference number which can be used to see what’s the status of your complaint regarding your Inoperative account
Steps to check your Inoperative Helpdesk Reference Number
Step 1: Go to http://126.96.36.199/INOPHelpDesk/
Step 2: Click on View Existing status
Step 3 : Enter your Reference number in the below screen you got when submitting the status
How to trace the status of your Inoperative EPF request?
You can easily track the status of your request(s), based on the reference number from EPFO dashboard website.
Once your inoperative PF account is traced, you will get the details through a SMS. You can either withdraw the money (by submitting Form 9) or transfer your old EPF account to your current EPF account.