Universal account number comes in very handy when you want to check your EPF balance status online. There are multiple way to check them and one of them includes UAN number. In case, if you have already applied for the same, then you can check UAN status from the given websites in this tutorial.
Do you want to check UAN Status? Are you looking to activate your UAN? We will be guiding all employees to check the status of UAN registration. Universal Account Number is a distinct 12 digit number allotted to EPFO member employees. It is a unique identity for all members who are currently contributing to EPFO. It is an identity for the person for lifetime.
The number is allotted to all employees with validity for lifetime. The employers submit the required details and documents at the EPFO employer portal. Depending on submission, the UAN number is allotted for all employees. If you are not getting your UAN number from your employer, you can check the UAN status by yourself. We have shown you here how to check your UAN status online at EPFO website.
How to Check UAN Status: EPF UAN Status?
- Go to the UAN services page of EPFO by clicking https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in
- Then click on ‘Know your UAN status‘ at the right bottom of the page.
- Enter all your details in the newly redirected page. Start by filling your member ID. There is a dropdown provided for selecting your state and office. Then enter your personal details such as full name, date of birth, registered mobile number and email id.
- Click on ‘Get Authorization Pin’.
- After you receive the authorization pin, you will be able to view the status of your UAN.
What is UAN?
UAN is known as Universal Account Number which is a 12 digit uniquenumber allotted to all the employees of Employee Provident Fund Organisation.UAN is a unique identity which is given to all the members who currently contributes to EPFO. UAN is a lifetime identity which is given toa person by EPFO. Based on the submission of employers’ details, EPFO will allocate the UAN number to its employees. You can check the status of your UAN online from the official web portal of EPFO.
Universal Account Number Activation Status
In order to get a UAN number, you need to activate it from the official portal of EPFO. You can check out the status of UAN online using your Provident Fund number. If your UAN number is not generated by the EPFO, here is a detailed guide that helps you track the status of your EPF account and UAN number online. Using this provision, all the member of EPFO can generate UAN and check UAN status number online without the need of contacting your company head.
How to activate your UAN?
- First go to the website https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/
- On the right bottom you will find an option of ‘Activate UAN’.(as marked in the below image) click on that link
- After It will redirect you to a page where you must fill all the details.
- You must enter your member ID/ Aadhaar card number/ PAN card number. Apart from that fill personal details like full name, date of birth, registered mobile number and email id
- Click on get authorization pin.
Your UAN will be activated after that.
This is all about the UAN number and the process of checking the status of UAN number and EPF balance online.