How to Check UAN Status: EPF UAN Status?
If you don’t have a UAN number and are looking to check your EPF balance status online using UAN number, we are here to aid you in explaining the process in detail. All the employees who are seeking to check out the status of their EPF balance can check out the below tutorial that guides them in the best way to check EPF Balance using UAN number. Also, you can learn the process of activating UAN number for an employee. Check out the detailed step-by-step guide to register as a member of EPFO and check the status of UAN registration.
What is UAN?
UAN is known as Universal Account Number which is a 12 digit uniquenumber allotted to all the employees of Employee Provident Fund Organisation.UAN is a unique identity which is given to all the members who currently contributes to EPFO. UAN is a lifetime identity which is given toa person by EPFO. Based on the submission of employers’ details, EPFO will allocate the UAN number to its employees. You can check the status of your UAN online from the official web portal of EPFO.
Universal Account Number Activation Status
In order to get a UAN number, you need to activate it from the official portal of EPFO. You can check out thestatus of UAN online using your Provident Fund number. If your UAN number is not generated by the EPFO, here is a detailed guide that helps you track the status of your EPF account and UAN number online. Using this provision, all the member of EPFO can generate UAN and check out their UAN status number online without the need of contacting your company head.
How to Check the Status of UAN Online
The member of EPFO can check out the status of their UAN from the official web portal of EPFO. Here is a detailed guide that helps you check the status of your Universal Account Number:
- First of all, visit the official web portal of EPFO.
- Click on the option that says ‘Know your UAN Status’ page.’
- Select your state and EPFO office or region from the drop down menu which is appeared on the screen.
- Once you choose your EPFO state and region, the first two fields will be filled in with your PF account number automatically.
- Enter the Establishment code, extension code and your PF account number.
- If you do not have an extension code, just leave the field blank without filling anything.
- To get the Establishment Code, click here.
- Hit the ‘Check Status’ button. You will then receive a message whether the Universal Account Number (UAN) is allotted or not.
- You will receive your UAN details to your mobile via SMS.
Now, it is confirmed that you have been allocated UAN number by EPFO.
UAN Activation Status
In order to find out the status of your UAN, you need to provide some details. You need to enter the below details in the provided fields.
- Name of the Member
- Date of birth
- Mobile Number
- Confirm password
- Enter the Captcha code
Once you fill in all the details, you can hit the ‘Get PIN’option. You will receive a PIN number on to your mobile device. In the PIN field, enter the PIN which you’ve received on your mobile.You will get a UAN once it is generated via SMS.
How to Activate EPF Universal Account Number / UAN?
- Go to the member page of EPFO to activate the UAN registration and check out the status of UAN.
- You need to register as a new member of EPFO if you do not have a membership earlier.
- For that, you need to go to the official portal of EPFO and register as a new member.
- You can then create a login id and password in order to check the EPF balance using your UAN number.
- That’s it! This way, you can check the status of your UAN and the EPF balance account.
This is all about the UAN number and the process of checking the status of UAN number and EPF balance online.